Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dumpster Diving

Dear Amanda, I want you to know that I totally love you, and I don't judge you AT ALL for being a dumpster diver! Hahah! :).
That was the last facebook message I got from our sweet Cami! Now let me explain... It was our last young woman experience with her & we were setting up tents t make sure we had everything we needed for girls camp. I arrived late & the first thing I was told to do was throw away a tent because it had no poles. When I got back from the dumpster I noticed a bag of poles & pulled Cami aside, saying what if those poles go to the tent I just threw away?! So she agreed to coming with me to get the tent out (keep in mind that both Cami & I are total germaphobes & never without our hand sanitizer!) So we proceed to pull out MOST of the tent with no trouble, but some of the loose parts just happen to fall down to the very bottom. Cami also knowing many of my many quirks now knows that I don't give up easily, so I hop in the dumpster & get the rest of the tent. But now I am stuck! Cami asks me to give her one of my legs?! So I do & of course we laugh so hard we can't do anything else! I somehow got out, & come to find out it was all for nothing, the poles did not belong to that tent! I guess it wasn't for nothing, I have a great memory of my very best friend!
When she got home she texted me: "I am all showered and clean now! I felt so yucky! Now I have to blow dry my hair, go to bed!"
I love you my friend!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment